Pages

Friday, November 28, 2008

Arizona: the Valley of the Rain

We've been lied to. We've all been lied to. The myth is that Arizona is sunny (not so!) I flew into Phoenix 2 days ago and it has rained almost non-stop since. In fact, there is no sun. BUT, it is still warmer than Utah. The video below is of the rain/thunderstorm that nearly destroyed the neighborhood.





I have experienced some amazing moments thus far:



1. I have a throne.



2. A gondola ride on a small lake with an Italian opera-singing gondolier.



3. FOOD



4. Rock Band Extravaganza






Those are some of the highlights, but it is not all-inclusive. I have had many other wonderful experiences as well. The picture below is of my throne. As I entered my guest room, the toilet was "special." This is because of Laura's grandparents who generally stay in the room where I am staying. This was a very happy moment for me.





This next picture is of Laura and I because we are cute. (notice the shorts...that's because it is warm.)






This picture is of Laura and I praying underneath the table. That is how people pray on Thanksgiving day in Arizona.




Conclusion: I LOVE ARIZONA! Laura's family has treated me like royalty and I have eaten like a king.

1 comment:

MisterandMissesLem said...

cute. cute. cute. cute. and last of all cute.

glad you like az! and have probably come to understand that it is the best.

and... i LOVE your throne!