
This past Sunday I took a drive up Provo canyon with some of my friends.
Our goal: to enjoy the Fall weather and bask in the fading glory of changing leaves.
What began as a random and light-hearted adventure grew deep inside my heart. As the group began taking a leisurely stroll up a hiking path, I find myself at the rear of the group and let myself fall behind. I took a side trail that lead to a small creek. The voices of my friends drifted off into the distance. I found myself rooted to the spot, seeking solitude.
I listened very closely.
The only noise was the gentle rushing of the creek.
Silence.
I seemed to breathe more freely.
Too soon I would have to return.
Return to measured discussion and the gaiety of laughter.
For now, solitude.
Solemn and free.
Return to opinions and critical intelligence.
Not here.
All thinking calms and slows.
I feel.
I know.
"Raymon, you caught up, where have you been?!"
"Oh, I was just taking some pictures..."
4 comments:
We took a fall hike on Saturday too in Midway. I love fall. That is an amazing picture that you took. Where is that at? Good luck with your critiques, reviews, and your return back to the real world. Sorry that your solitude couldn't last longer. :)
Wow. thanks I forgot about that emotion I am going up the canyon now :)
"measured discussion"=brilliant.
you=quite the poetwriterman. :)
and, a little memento from our conversation last night: "how dark IS he?"
Great insights. Thanks!
Post a Comment