Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Joys of Job-searching



Well, I am currently searching for a job during a time when I am told, "is the perfect time to not be looking for a job." (said in a snooty voice)

While I am optimistic about my future, I have to continue to laugh at the turns of events that are happening in my life. I have had four rejections so far. I have begun to realize that emails are NOT a good sign.

Worst moment: My rejection from unpaid internship. An UNPAID INTERNSHIP!

Anyway, to keep my level of morale up and to try and be funny, I added this to my g-chat status: "Four rejections and counting..." After a couple hours, Caleb g-chatted me and told me that it was a bold move putting my dating life on g-chat. My dating life?! What the?! Now everyone thinks that I am a wanny pants about my dating life...Needless to say, the g-chat status now specifies that the numbers deal with my job search and NOT my dating life.

Is there no end to my embarrassment?

4 comments:

raybee... said...

You can have a free internship with us any time you want! (And, at least you're not single and as old as me - right? That's got to be some consolation. Hahaha!)

Hallie said...

how perfect

Carolyn said...

ray i am still laughing about this. i knew you were talking about jobs, if that's any consolation.

Brad Carmack said...

Yeah, I got rejected from an 11 week unpaid internship recently- it's better than not hearing back at all, I suppose, but still kind of stinks. good luck.