Ok, so this post is a long time coming, but well worth the wait. London was lovely. Some of the highlights including seeing Wicked (in an English accent), watching the London Marathon, and my personal pilgrimage to Wimbledon. I have plenty of pics and movies that describe my experiences better, but alas, I am in Ghana and cannot upload them. I will do that later.
The last day in London we were trying to get to the Heathrow Airport on "the tube," which is the underground subway system. First off, there were twice as many people on my train as there are in my hometown. :) That should paint an accurate picture. As we were rushing to our destination, Brooke's suitcase broke. I then had to pick it up and lug it around in my arms. It was right during rush hour and i seriously was plowing people over with my luggage. A serious of tubes shut down and we had to jump on new ones. It was insanity. A couple hours later we made it just in time for our flight.
Saddest part of the trip: Wimbledon only does tours a couple of hours a day and we missed the window. I could barely see part of the court. Depressing.
New goal: Go to Wimbledon DURING Wimbledon. Done and Done.
3 comments:
I can't wait to see some videos and pics, especially of Africa!
that sounds amazing. At least it wasn't boring!
I can totally picture you on the tube laughing your guts out when that suit case broke, or... at least now you're laughing :) Glad you are having fun!!
Post a Comment